ADDRESS BY THE GOVERNOR OF BENUE STATE, HIS EXCELLENCY, SAMUEL ORTOM, ON THE OCCASION OF THE INAUGURATION OF SERAPH OIL MILL PLANT, MAKURDI ON THURSDAY, 2ND JULY, 2015.
It is with great pleasure and honour that I am here to inaugurate this important project. My presence here underscores our administration’s commitment to providing the enabling environment for the private sector to drive our economy. It is also noteworthy that agriculture-driven industrialization remains one of our five point agenda and our major strategy for massive jobs, wealth and opportunities creation.
2. We are happy that Seraph Oil Mill Plant has positioned itself to play a major role in the realization of the dreams of our administration. Through processing, we will add value on our primary products and boost the economic fortunes of our farmers besides the provision of jobs, wealth and opportunities along the line.
3. I understand that this project was conceived and executed to ensure that the richly endowed natural resources of Benue State are exploited. Let me seize this opportunity to thank the Board of Directors of Seraph Oil Mill Plant for their vision in charting the right course which we enjoin other investors to emulate. Your company is one of the few that have demonstrated faith and confidence to ensure that Benue State remains the Food Basket of the Nation.
4. We feel highly encouraged by this gigantic project you have put in place here. I must admit that I am impressed with the quality of what I have seen on ground here. Permit me, also to thank the management and staff of your company for keeping pace with the vision of the company. My special appreciation also goes to the eminent personalities that have graced this occasion.
5. The inauguration of this company and its launching into the manufacturing segment of the Soya Bean Value Chain is a clear indication that Nigerians are taking the need to attain food sufficiency seriously. We shall find ways of addressing the challenges you highlighted in your speech. I assure you that we are going to take a critical look at your requests and make our contribution in creating an enabling environment for your smooth operation. I also hope that you will not rest on your oars to ensure that the good foundation laid is sustained.
6. Ladies and gentlemen, let us rededicate ourselves to the task of building a new Benue State. I enjoin you all to support our government to implement the laudable programmes we have in place. I thank our esteemed guests for taking time out of their crowded activities to grace this occasion.
7. Distinguished ladies and gentlemen, it is therefore, my singular honour and pleasure to inaugurate Seraph Oil Mill Plant to the glory of God.
8. Thank you all and God bless.