GOVERNOR ORTOM’S DEDICATION PRAYER
Heavenly Father, the Father of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ, we bow in worship to you for bringing us to this day. You created the heavens and earth and made us to dwell in the land of Benue State for your praise and glory. It has also pleased you to make me Samuel Ortom governor of Benue State to do justice and righteousness so that the people may rejoice and fulfill their destiny as individuals and as a corporate people.
3. A scepter of righteousness is the scepter of Your Kingdom. You love righteousness and hate wickedness because righteousness and justice are the foundation of your throne.
4. O LORD God, the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, please incline Your ear, O LORD, and hear, open Your eyes, O LORD, and see; and hear the words that I speak in your presence before these witnesses and also hear the prayers of your servants and people.
5. Heavenly Father, you put in my heart on January 1st 2016 to dedicate Benue State to you so that You can fulfill your eternal plans that you purposed for us before the world was made. Your Word clearly says that:
“If My people who are called by My name will humble themselves, and pray and seek My face, and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and forgive their sins and heal their land.” 2nd Chronicles 7 vs. 14.
6. In obedience to your prompting, we have sought your face during the last fourteen (14) days and prayed and turned from our wicked ways. Therefore humbly hear us from heaven, forgive our sins and heal Benue State.
7. Once again I identify with all the acts of wickedness perpetrated by all the former leaders as well as the followers that have offended your righteous laws. I aggregate all the transgressions of idolatry, ancestor worship, bloodshed, occultism and all evil which we have already repented of and ask that the precious blood of Jesus Christ, our redeemer and great High priest will avail to cleanse us and the entire Benue State of their guilt and sanction. Please LORD let the fountain of the Blood of Jesus Christ be open over Benue State in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ.
8. Heavenly Father, having forgiven our sins we ask that You will heal and restore Benue State to the original purpose and mandate that you intended for her. However LORD, so that we never return to the evil of the past, I wish to dedicate Benue State to you as an everlasting possession. Your Word clearly states that: “The earth is the LORD’s, and all its fullness, the world and those who dwell therein” Psalm 24 vs. 1.
9. Therefore Benue State is the LORD’s and all its fullness including the men, women, boys, girls, children, fathers, ministers, elders, lands, rivers, trees, hills, mountains, agricultural resources, mineral resources, villages, towns, local governments, ministries, departments, agencies, legislature, judiciary, security agencies, industries, executive council, including I Samuel Ortom as governor.
10. On this 30th Day of May in the year 2016, I Samuel Ortom, the one whom You O LORD by sovereign grace and election has made governor and leader over this land of Benue State, do dedicate this Land and all its fullness to You the only true God. Henceforth Benue State shall be called the possession of the Most High God! Oh Lord of Israel, as a people we surrender to you. We have come back today because there is no God like you in Heaven above or on earth below. The Lord, the Compassionate, Merciful and Gracious God, slow to anger, abounding in love and faithfulness, praise be to the Lord, the God of Benue from everlasting to everlasting, Amen.
11. O LORD, we also seek to enter into a covenant with You. Your Word declares that you are a God that keeps covenants for thousands of generations.
12. We also as the people of Benue State represented here by myself Governor Samuel Ortom, Priests, and Elders from the entire State seek to enter into a perpetual covenant with you the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob, the only true God, Elohim. Please receive us as your people afresh and use us for your glory as you intended from the very beginning.
13. All other negative covenants that our fathers, and other leaders may have entered into in error or even deliberately contrary to Your will and purpose now stand nullified in the name and by the power in the blood of our Lord Jesus Christ.
14. Heavenly Father let a New Benue State arise in accordance with this your divine timing. We pledge to continue to walk with you in righteousness and justice so that your glory shall be revealed in and from Benue State for all flesh to see.
15. Thank you Oh God of mercy for you are slow in anger and abundance in love. Thank you for your deliverance, and for healing. May your name be exalted and be praise for ever and ever. Amen.
His Excellency Samuel Ortom,
The Executive Governor of Benue State, Nigeria
Dated this 30th day of May, 2016